Sunday, June 29, 2008

Pancakes the Size of Pizzas... and a Sofa the Size of a Swimming Pool

While we were in Vegas, we got to celebrate Kim's birthday (Josh's sister). We went to Hash House a Go Go to eat her birthday dinner. Everyone ordered the pancake but me. My eyes almost popped out of my head when I saw what looked to be a pancake approximately 16 inches in diameter. (The fork in the picture is for scale). I ordered corn beef hash and also had a sizable meal (in background). No one came even close to finishing.

Now, the next memorable moment we couldn't take a picture of because all hands were full of this sofa Kim had. She just moved into an apartment, and this couch wouldn't fit up the stairs into her apartment--it can seat 4 quite comfortably, by the way, so a little big... So Kim, Josh, Jared, Lanita, and I set to work to get it up over the balcony. Yes, over the balcony. Josh tied a rope around it, then he and Jared pushed it up while us gals pulled from above. After the couch was pretty high, Josh ran up and helped us continue to pull it higher. Once we had enough above the railing to tip it, I grabbed the arm and hung on it, making it angle toward us instead of Jared (we were afraid we'd squish him). After that, it was cake. In case any of the naysayers from the apartment community read this, just know this: We did it! You may have laughed, but we did it! It's really too bad someone didn't stick around to record our amazing feat.

1 comment:

Tara and Dan said...

I can't believe the size of that pancake!!! It looks more like a pizza :)