Thursday, June 5, 2008

Craziness

It has been a crazy last couple weeks! So crazy, in fact, I will just bullet-list some of the highlights (yes, I do love bullet-lists):
  • We got to go celebrate the careers of some of Shauna's mentors and good friends who were retiring from teaching third grade. The four teachers retiring are leaving Shauna and two other first-year teachers to reign over the third grade. It was a great dinner party, for which, Shauna and her friends were in charge of providing the salad; long story short: there are still Costco-sized boxes of salad stuff in our fridge from the party 3 weeks ago.
  • I'm taking a Genealogy and Family History class at BYU, and one of the assignments is to go to the Family History Library in Salt Lake City and do some original research. We got to go last weekend and spent a good four hours there. Shauna spent the time working on her own family line, and I did my assignment. I was supposed to find an original document (on microfilm) about one of my ancestors. After searching all day, all I came up with for that individual was this poorly written record of his marriage in 1854. But, that's better than nothing!
  • And, the best for last, we want to wish our good friends Kyle and Megan congratulations on the birth of a beautiful and healthy baby girl. We've had a lot of fun being able to visit them in the hospital the last few nights and play some games with them there, and of course, we got to hold the baby. I think my favorite part from their blog leading up to the delivery was Kyle's menu updates--nachos and double cheeseburger, footlong hot dog... Haha. We've enjoyed being good friends with them and are sad that they're moving soon. Fortunately, they're not going to be too far away. One thing's for sure: they may be better pirates than we are, but they'll never catch us at Phase 10! Fwahahaha!
The rest will have to wait till later. I've gotta get some homework done! =*(



-Josh

3 comments:

Tara and Dan said...

Hi guys!! It's so great to see you in the blogging world. We have one as well: www.themalleablemaze.blogspot.com

Loved the posts on the new garden and spice racks! It's amazing what joy simple things bring us, right? Hope you guys are doing well!!

Elisabeth said...

Hey! I didn't know you guys had a blog! I saw the comment on Catherine's blog and followed the link...I hope that we can get together soon!

Kyle and Megan said...

haha. That's it! We want a rematch! Hope to see you guys soon. And thanks so much for letting us borrow your air mattress.