Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Our Garden is Officially Cool


Our garden is officially cool because the first vegetables were ripe for the pickin'! 4 zucchinis today. I cannot tell you how exciting it was to walk out there and literally pick the fruits (well, vegetables) of our labor! I was just jumping inside with glee! I admit, I do talk to the plants, and I told them how proud I am of them! With such encouragement, I expect to be picking veggies all summer long. :)

Let me just share a few more pictures... with captions because I like writing them... not because I think you can't see.

[Left]Our garden which will be producing beans, tomatoes, onions, crookneck squash, and, of course, zucchini. [Right] Crookneck that will be ready soon!
[Left] A tomato that needs to turn red so I can eat it. [Right] One of the zucchinis I picked today before I actually did with one growing to the left of it.

2 comments:

Driel said...

Congrats on the Zucchini! That is so exciting when you get food. I am glad that you did not hear Moriah. At least someone got sleep:-)

Kyle and Megan said...

Very cool you guys! Now you have to make some Zucchini bread and pretend that you take some over to apt. 202 and share with us!